2013年2月10日 星期日

沙門果經 (11) 沙門果報之第一例


《長部經典》第二 Sāmaññaphalasutta 沙門果經 (DN 2)


第四篇      佛陀回答――沙門現世果報 Paṭhamasandiṭṭhikasāmaññaphalaṃ


(三十三) 182. “Sohaṃ, bhante, bhagavantampi pucchāmi –

大德!予對世尊問:

"So, lord, I ask the Blessed One as well:


‘yathā nu kho imāni, bhante, puthusippāyatanāni seyyathidaṃ –

『大德!此世間有種種技能職業者,如:

There are these common craftsmen:


① hatthārohā ② assārohā ③ rathikā ④ dhanuggahā ⑤ celakā ⑥ calakā ⑦ piṇḍadāyakā ⑧ uggā ⑨ rājaputtā ⑩ pakkhandino ⑪ mahānāgā sūrā ⑫ cammayodhino ⑬ dāsikaputtā ⑭ āḷārikā ⑮ kappakā ⑯ nhāpakā [nahāpikā (sī.), nhāpikā (syā.)] ⑰ sūdā ⑱ mālākārā ⑲ rajakā ⑳ pesakārā ㉑ naḷakārā ㉒ kumbhakārā ㉓ gaṇakā ㉔ muddikā,

「① 調象師、② 調馬師、③ 車術師、④ 弓術師、⑤ 軍旗手、⑥ 元帥、⑦ 伙食兵、⑧ 高級武官、⑨ 王子、⑩ 突擊隊、⑪ 象力士、⑫ 裝甲兵、⑬ 奴隸出身者、⑭ 廚師、⑮ 理髮師、⑯ 助浴者、⑰ 製果者、⑱ 作花環者、⑲ 染工、⑳ 織師、㉑ 製籠者、㉒ 陶師、㉓ 會計師、㉔ 製印師。

①  elephant-trainers, ② horse-trainers, ③ charioteers, ④ archers, ⑤ standard bearers, ⑥ camp marshals, ⑦ supply corps officers, ⑧ high royal officers, ⑩ commandos, ⑪ military heroes, ⑫ armor-clad warriors, leather-clad warriors, ⑬ domestic slaves, ⑭ cooks, ⑮ barbers, ⑯ bath attendants, ⑰ confectioners, ⑱ garland-makers, ⑲  laundrymen, ⑳ weavers, ㉑ basket-makers, ㉒ potters, ㉓ calculators, accountants,


yāni vā panaññānipi evaṃgatāni puthusippāyatanāni,

如是世間所知之種種技能職業者。」

and any other craftsmen of a similar sort.


te diṭṭheva dhamme sandiṭṭhikaṃ sippaphalaṃ upajīvanti,

彼等於現世,享受技能職業之成果,

They live off the fruits of their crafts, visible in the here and now.


te tena attānaṃ sukhenti pīṇenti, mātāpitaro sukhenti pīṇenti, puttadāraṃ sukhenti pīṇenti, mittāmacce sukhenti pīṇenti,

以令自己安樂幸福,令父母安樂幸福,令妻子安樂幸福,令朋友安樂幸福。

They give happiness and pleasure to themselves, to their parents, wives, and children, to their friends and colleagues.


samaṇabrāhmaṇesu uddhaggikaṃ dakkhiṇaṃ patiṭṭhapenti sovaggikaṃ sukhavipākaṃ saggasaṃvattanikaṃ.

以此,向沙門、梵行者行佈施,得尊勝天界安穩之福報。

They put in place an excellent presentation of offerings to priests and contemplatives, leading to heaven, resulting in happiness, conducive to a heavenly rebirth.


Sakkā nu kho me, bhante, evameva diṭṭheva dhamme sandiṭṭhikaṃ sāmaññaphalaṃ paññapetun’ti?

大德!但,是否可能?如實得見沙門修行之現世果報?』

Is it possible, lord, to point out a similar fruit of the contemplative life, visible in the here and now?"


 

第一品      沙門果報之第一例 Paṭhamasandiṭṭhikasāmaññaphalaṃ

(三十四) 183. “Sakkā, mahārāja.

世尊曰:「大王!我說此為可能。

"Yes, it is, great king.


Tena hi, mahārāja, taññevettha paṭipucchissāmi.

大王!我對此問卿,

But first, with regard to that, I will ask you a counter-question.


Yathā te khameyya, tathā naṃ byākareyyāsi.

可隨汝所思而答之!

Answer however you please. 
 
第一章      奴僕出家 (The First Visible Fruit of the Contemplative Life)

Taṃ kiṃ maññasi, mahārāja, idha te assa puriso dāso kammakāro [kammakaro (sī. syā. kaṃ. pī.)]

大王!汝如何思惟耶?卿雇一奴僕,彼奉事於卿:

Suppose there were a man of yours: your slave, your workman,


pubbuṭṭhāyī pacchānipātī kiṅkārapaṭissāvī manāpacārī piyavādī mukhullokako [mukhullokiko (syā. kaṃ. ka.)].

晚睡早起、聽順卿之任何雜務、和顏悅色、言愛語、恭順可意之行為。

rising in the morning before you, going to bed in the evening only after you, doing whatever you order, always acting to please you, speaking politely to you, always watching for the look on your face.


Tassa evamassa –

彼如是思惟:

The thought would occur to him:


‘acchariyaṃ, vata bho, abbhutaṃ, vata bho, puññānaṃ gati, puññānaṃ vipāko.
Ayañhi rājā māgadho ajātasattu vedehiputto manusso; ahampi manusso.

『成熟其功德之果報,實希有哉!未曾有哉!此摩揭陀國王韋提希子阿闍世是人,我亦是人。

'Isn't it amazing? Isn't it astounding? -- the destination, the results, of meritorious deeds. For this King Ajatasattu is a human being, and I, too, am a human being,


Ayañhi rājā māgadho ajātasattu vedehiputto pañcahi kāmaguṇehi samappito samaṅgībhūto paricāreti, devo maññe.

然,此摩揭陀國王韋提希子阿闍世以具足持受五欲樂,想彼戲樂如神,

yet King Ajatasattu enjoys himself supplied and replete with the five strings of sensuality -- like a deva, as it were --


Ahaṃ panamhissa dāso kammakāro

我於此乃彼之奴僕,而奉事彼:

while I am his slave, his workman...


pubbuṭṭhāyī pacchānipātī kiṅkārapaṭissāvī manāpacārī piyavādī mukhullokako.

晚睡早起,聽順王之任何雜務,和顏悅色、言愛語、恭順可意之行為。

always watching for the look on his face.


So vatassāhaṃ puññāni kareyyaṃ.

實我得為如此,乃我之福德。

I, too, should do meritorious deeds.


Yaṃnūnāhaṃ kesamassuṃ ohāretvā kāsāyāni vatthāni acchādetvā agārasmā anagāriyaṃ pabbajeyyan’ti.

然,令我剃除鬚髮,著袈裟衣,出家而為無家者。』

What if I were to shave off my hair and beard, put on the ochre robes, and go forth from the household life into homelessness?'


So aparena samayena kesamassuṃ ohāretvā kāsāyāni vatthāni acchādetvā agārasmā anagāriyaṃ pabbajeyya.

於彼而後,即剃除鬚髮,著袈裟衣,出家而為無家者。

"So after some time he shaves off his hair and beard, puts on the ochre robes, and goes forth from the household life into homelessness.


So evaṃ pabbajito samāno kāyena saṃvuto vihareyya, vācāya saṃvuto vihareyya, manasā saṃvuto vihareyya, ghāsacchādanaparamatāya santuṭṭho, abhirato paviveke.

如是出家,彼防護身、口、意而住,以滿足最低限度之衣、食,樂於離世靜居。

Having thus gone forth he lives restrained in body, speech, and mind, content with the simplest food and shelter, delighting in solitude.


Taṃ ce te purisā evamāroceyyuṃ –

對彼,卿之諸臣奏言:

Then suppose one of your men were to inform you:


‘yagghe deva jāneyyāsi, yo te so puriso [yo te puriso (sī. ka.)] dāso kammakāro

『願大王有知,彼人乃大王之奴僕,以奉事大王:

'You should know, your majesty, that that man of yours -- your slave, your workman...


 pubbuṭṭhāyī pacchānipātī kiṅkārapaṭissāvī manāpacārī piyavādī mukhullokako;

晚睡早起、聽順王之任何雜務、和顏悅色、言愛語、恭順可意之行為。

always watching for the look on your face...


so, deva, kesamassuṃ ohāretvā kāsāyāni vatthāni acchādetvā agārasmā anagāriyaṃ pabbajito.

大王!而後,彼剃除鬚髮,著袈裟衣,出家而為無家者。

has gone forth from the household life into homelessness...


So evaṃ pabbajito samāno kāyena saṃvuto viharati, vācāya saṃvuto viharati, manasā saṃvuto viharati, ghāsacchādanaparamatāya santuṭṭho, abhirato paviveke’ti.

如是出家,彼防護身、口、意而住,以滿足最低限度之衣、食,樂於離世靜居。』

content with the simplest food and shelter, delighting in solitude.'

☆ 佛遺教經 ➾ 汝等比丘,受諸飲食,當如服藥,於好於惡,勿生增減。趣得支身,以除饑渴。



Api nu tvaṃ evaṃ vadeyyāsi –

彼時,卿能言:

Would you, thus informed, say,


‘etu me, bho, so puriso, punadeva hotu dāso kammakāro pubbuṭṭhāyī pacchānipātī kiṅkārapaṭissāvī manāpacārī piyavādī mukhullokako’ti?

『令彼人還歸我處,再為奴僕,為我奉事,晚睡早起、聽順雜務、和顏悅色、言愛語、恭順可意之行為』耶?」

'Bring that man back to me. Make him again be my slave, my workman... always watching for the look on my face!'?"



(三十五) 184. “No hetaṃ, bhante. Atha kho naṃ mayameva abhivādeyyāmapi, paccuṭṭheyyāmapi, āsanenapi nimanteyyāma,

王曰:「大德!不然,我等可同彼問訊、起迎,與座請坐。

"Not at all, lord. Rather, I am the one who should bow down to him, rise up out of respect for him, invite him to a seat,


abhinimanteyyāmapi naṃ cīvara piṇḍapāta senāsana gilāna ppaccaya bhesajja parikkhārehi, dhammikampissa rakkhāvaraṇaguttiṃ saṃvidaheyyāmā”ti.

供彼衣、食、住宿及病之醫藥、用具,並如法保護、蓋護、守護彼。」

invite him to accept gifts of robes, almsfood, lodgings, and medicinal requisites for the sick. And I would provide him with righteous safety, defense, and protection."

☆ 佛遺教經 ➾ 如蜂採華,但取其味,不損色香;比丘亦爾,受人供養,趣自除惱,無得多求,壞其善心。譬如智者,籌量牛力,所堪多少,不令過分,以竭其力。



(三十六) 185. “Taṃ kiṃ maññasi, mahārāja, yadi evaṃ sante hoti vā sandiṭṭhikaṃ sāmaññaphalaṃ no vā”ti?

世尊曰:「大王!卿如何思惟耶?果然如是,得見沙門修行之現世果報,或不然耶?」

"So what do you think, great king. With that being the case, is there a visible fruit of the contemplative life, or is there not?"


“Addhā kho, bhante, evaṃ sante hoti sandiṭṭhikaṃ sāmaññaphala”nti.

王曰:「大德!確實如是,得見沙門修行之現世果報。」

"Yes, lord. With that being the case, there certainly is a visible fruit of the contemplative life."


“Idaṃ kho te, mahārāja, mayā paṭhamaṃ diṭṭheva dhamme sandiṭṭhikaṃ sāmaññaphalaṃ paññatta”nti.

世尊曰:「大王!此是我所說明,於沙門修行現世之第一果報。」

"This, great king, is the first fruit of the contemplative life, visible in the here and now, that I point out to you."